Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
“Hi im rhommel….my favoerits are… surfing with GMA…sex…..mining with Lucio Tan….. sex…… tree climbing with my Monkey…sex…. gambling with my dog named PUSSY!!!!!…. sex…. collecting condom of various sizez colors and flavors…. did I mentioned SEX????!!!!”
- JHOLOGS ROXAS
- Female, 28, Single
- Interested In: Friends
- Member Since: Oct 2004
- Location: Philippines
- Hometown: Meycauyan, Bulacan
- Company: TDC (not the supermarket)
- Last Login: 2 weeks
- Jhologs's URL:
Saturday, February 16, 2008
This is PGMA's favorite Carpenter song which she sang with Richard Carpenter on piano and Claire dela Fuente, former Karen voice-a-like-turned-bus-operator-president last VD. And as it turned out, a lot of metlogs also love it:
mhyco23 said: yes this song is owsome coz my friend in manila give this to me,and when im sad i always listen to this song,i love this song very much,and now im here in USA,SO very sad here,hay bhang,its me fujiko.i nevr forget this song!!!!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Last June, the US business mag, Inc., came out with an article, "How to Kill a Great Idea!" written by Max Chafkin. It had this come-on:
Jonathan Abrams created the first online social network and enlisted Silicon Valley's best and brightest to run it. Yet Friendster flamed out spectacularly. What went wrong?Friendster was actually awarded a patent as a "system, method, and apparatus for connecting users in an online computer system"
"The beauty of Friendster was its exhaustively complete network. Every time a homepage loaded, Friendster's servers calculated a single user's connection to other users within four degrees of separation, which could mean hundreds of thousands of individuals. Because the network was constantly changing as new users joined and connected with one another, these calculations had to happen on the fly--in what would eventually amount to trillions of rapid calculations. The effect was to give users a vivid sense of how they fit into their social groups as well as into the larger world. Abrams, it seemed, had created a piece of software that could tell us who we were," Chafkin wrote.
"Friendster is among the few start-ups that changed the world--but not as its founder had hoped. During March 2007, one out of every five Americans visited MySpace.com, a copycat site that was built in 2003 by Intermix and sold to News Corp. (NYSE:NWS) two years later for half a billion dollars. Those MySpace visitors listened to music, scoped out crushes, made plans with friends, decided that Stephen Colbert was cool--and in the process altered the way we think about and use the Internet. Meanwhile, Friendster fell to 13th place among social networks in the U.S. and saw its market share decline to 0.3 percent," it said.
What went wrong?
Yes, please. Blame it on the Pinoy.
"Lunt remembers marveling sometime in early 2004 at how Friendster's traffic would mysteriously spike at 2 a.m. Intrigued, he started looking at the site's log. Oh, my God, he thought, everyone is from the Philippines. He worked backwards, looking for "patient zero"--the first American to "Friendster" a Filipino. He found Carmen Leilani De Jesus, a 32-year-old marketing consultant and part-time hypnotherapist from San Francisco, the 91st person to join Friendster. She was directly connected to Abrams as well as to dozens of Filipinos, who'd in turn connected to thousands more. In fact, more than half the site's traffic was coming from Southeast Asia.
From a business standpoint, the revelation was devastating. Friendster, it turned out, was paying millions of dollars a year to attract eyeballs that were effectively worthless to its advertisers. Says Abrams: "We needed to make a tough decision"--either spin off the Asian business or become the No. 1 Filipino social network. But because the Filipino users had come by way of their American friends, there was no easy answer. If Friendster cut the cord to Asia--either by drastically cutting back on engineering resources or by kicking the Asian users off the site altogether--it risked damaging its American user base. The Carmens of the world might look for a less restrictive site."
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
i wish i was ur blanket,i wish i was ur bed, i wish i was ur pillow underneath ur head,i wanna b around u,i wanna hold u tight, & b the lucky person who kisses u goodnite
8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning... i love you
Uve won my luv now I luv u.This heart of mine I give 2 u.So keep it safe as i have done.For u have 2 and i have none!
There are a million stars and a million dreams, you are the only star for me, the only dream i dream
i dont have the measels, i am not confined to bed, asperin wont help coz i aint my head, i dont have back ache or the flu, its more serious...i am missin u!
Ull always be mine 4 now & 4ever.Ull always be mine 4 u r my treasure.Ull always be mine please tell me its true.Please be mine 4ever ill always luv u
There are Tulips in my garden,there are Tulips in the park.but nothing is more be beautiful then our two lips meeting in the dark!
one day the moon sed 2 me, if your lover makes you cry why dont you leave your lover.. i looked at the moon n replied would you every leave your sky?
I love 3 things! The sun, the moon and U! The sun for the day, the moon for the night and you forever!
if i died or travelled far, i'd write ur name on every star,so everyone could look up & see, dat u mean the world 2 me
Wantin u is easy missin u is hard.Wishin u was wiv me wrapped up in my arms.Constantly think of u wen we r apart.Ive got the padlock u hav the key to my heart
How can u tell the rain not 2 fall wen clouds exist?How can u tell the leaves not 2 fall wen the wind exists?How can u tell me not 2 fall in love wen u exist?
Accidents do happen.i slip- i trip- i stumble- i fall & usually i dont care at all.but
now i dont know what to do cos i slipped and fell in love with u
Love is like a golden chain that links our hearts together and if you ever break
that chain youll break my heart 4ever!xxx
When the night comes, look at the sky. If you see a falling star, don't wonder why,
just make a wish. Trust me, it will come true, because I did it and I found you
True luv is hard 2 find.Special 1-1 of a kind.But the luv inside of me is true.It
appeared the day i met you!
It takes 2 to tango.2 to kiss.2 to talk & remenisce.so many good things cum in
2 & one of those things is me & u!
U say u luv me & want 2 hold me tight.those words run thru my head day &
nite.i dreamt u held me & made me see dat 4ever 2gether we wood be!
1000 words 1 cood say.1000 wishes 1 cood pray.1000 miles legs cood walk.
1000 sounds a mouth cood talk.1000 times ill b true.1000 ways 2 say i luv u!
Ive got ur bak & uve got mine.ill help u out netime.2 see u hurt 2 see u cry.makes
me weep & wanna die.ill b right here til d end.cos ur my luv & my bestfriend
There are 3 steps to happy happiness: 1 you. 2 me. 3 our hearts 4 eternity!
You can fall from a bridge, you can fall from above, but the best way of falling,
is falling in love!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Having gone around many rural towns through the years, I found an effective gauge: look for the fast-food franchises. Hoping these franchises made their market research, they start depending on their target audience's taste. So here's my theory:
First comes Frank's Burger. There is a real Frank here. He is Frank Bautista and his franchise is usually the milestone that the town has made it e.g. a mere blip in the F7B screen. They are set on the national highway and are open all night so that villagers would have a place to wait for the bus to take them away from their rural life. Sometimes it's the goto stands with their usual 'clever" names like Goto Heaven, Goto Hell etc which comes in.
The first major franchise is Mr. Donut. Usually, they start as a small outlet with a crew or two and about six choices for donuts. Then when the town progresses, they come out with a table or two, then they bring them inside. Five years ago in the capital town of Bangued, Abra, Mister Donut is the only place to be there. In my father's hometown in Bangui, it is still Mr. Donut.
After them, it's either McDo or Jollibee which comes in. In Candon City, McDo came first. In Vigan, it was Jollibee. Now because of the merger, Greenwich comes next when Jollibee is doing good. In rurogville, Jollibee is faring better than McDo. Then, it's usually Dunkin Donut or Red Ribbon which makes their entrance.
What pains me is when I see the local eateries die in lieu of these markers for progress. Maybe it's the betlogs in me. But no, I still crave for the empanada of Batac, kalamay of Candon, Pancit Cabagan or Habhab, gamet cakes in Bangui, the sinanglao of Vigan and all these dishes that make travel a return back in time and palate.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
>>About Me: aqOuh?? .. cHimPle LAng.. bUT cAn maKE yUr hEAd tURn,, *HoTcHiC**sEXy dAw..cHAvii nG mGAh fWEnDz qEw .. sVi qEw nAMn.. mAdAnDa aqEw.. maArTE?/..sObra* *hiHi.. nDi mHEii mAarTE.. kAla nYOuh lAng yUn,, kSHi cHigURo .. yU fOUnd mE.. wEAriNg uNiqUe eAriNgs.. USing mAkEuP.. oWeYs lOoKing mY fACe in tHE miRRoR.. mAarTE bAh yUN?
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
1. Una mong nakita si Herbert Bautista sa Ka-luskos Musmos at nag-tataka ka kung bakit nahi-hirapan si Dranreb Belleza na bigkasin ang titik “R.” Lalaking-lalaki noon si Dranreb.
2.Ang major car accessory ay ang musical backup horn.
3. Digman ang pina-kasikat na halo-halo.
4. Bumibili ka ng Vick’s candy -- hugis-trianggulo, regular and kalamansi flavor. Ang mga candy/bubble gum na bilog na iba’t ibang kulay ay
5. Nakabibili ka ng
6. Nagpalit ng theme song ang John en Marsha to the tune of Michael Jackson’s Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough. Nagkaroon na sila ng aircon sa barung-barong na bahay pero front cover lang pala.
7. Baduy na baduy ka sa opening ng TODAS (Television’s Outrageously Delightful All-star Show) sa Channel 13, with Val Sotto, Spanky Rigor, and Freida Fonda.
8. Sina Bibeth, Mang Tem-i, Miss Tapia, Mary at Tonette Macho ang mga kasama ng TVJ sa Iskul Bukol. Kumpleto pa ang ngipin ni Richie D’Horsie.
9. Nakikipag-debate kung sino ang mas magaling... si Officer John Baker or si Officer Frank Puncherelo sa CHIPS.
10. Inaabangan mo kung anong gagawin ng A-Team para makatakas at makabawi sa kalaban nila. Ano ba ‘yan, wala namang namamatay na kalaban kahit na anong pagbaril o pagsabog?!
11. Bagong labas lang ang bakya na rubberized (Happy Feet brand) para malambot, hindi na kahoy.
12. Uso ang Espadrille na sapatos, Crayon shoes at Grosby rubber shoes. Bagong labas ang top sider na sapatos. Sperry at Docksides pa lang ang tatak na U.S. Wayferer (orig o fake) ang shades mo -- feeling Don Johnson, Remington Steel, o Madonna.
13. Ang walkman mo o iyong nakikita mo ay halos kalahati ng laki ng AM radio. Marami kang nakikitang malalaking cassette/radio player na galing Saudi. Pinapatugtog mo ay mga tapes na pirata na may lyric sheet pero mali-mali ang lyrics.
14. Kapag 25 centavos ang ibinigay mo sa nagkakaroling na mga bata eh hindi ka kakantahan ng “Thank you, thank you, ang babarat ninyo, thank you!”
15. Cloverleaf ang usong term at hindi flyover.
16. Singko lang ang isang fishball. Wala pang squid ball o kikiam.
17. Magaling ka sa Math, kasi, mayroon kang ballpen na mataba at may built-in multiplication table na iniikot. Iyong ballpen na napakaraming option sa kulay ng tinta, karamihan ay hindi makita o natuyo na ang tinta.
19. Gusto rootbeer, Sunta and Mirinda orange, RC Cola, and Sarsi with egg with Danny Vanni -- masarap na, masustansya pa.
20. Watching the Caronia nail polish advertisement sa TV with the 4 pa-sexy girls.
21. On Sundays, watching music videos on VH1 or Video Hit Parade (wala pang MTV sa Pinas) before, then Spin-A-Win (Jean Young) at lunch time Lovingly Yours (Helen Vela, Channel 7) or Happy Days and Electrawoman & Dyna Girl (Channel 9) in the early afternoon, Superstar (Nora Aunor and German Moreno, Channel 9) at dinner time, and capping it all off with Marvelous Golden Movies (MGM).
21. Archie Lacson as dancing guru sa Discorama with Bobby Ledesma and Tito, Vic and Joey. Ngayon, si Ralion Alonzo na sa Easy Dancing.
22. Lotlot, Lotlot and Monching. Lotlot and Friends. That’s Entertainment. That’s Entertainment Saturday Edition.
23. Uncle Bob’s Lucky 7 Club show on Channel 7. Bakit ganoon lang ang mga premyo niya?
24. Bob & Emmy Garon featuring the houses of the Marcoses — “That’s my wife... Emmy.”
25. You had a P2 bill (color blue) in your wallet. Puro ganoon pa ang ibinibigay ng lolo/lola tuwing Christmas.
26. Ang piso na dirty ice cream ay iyong matamis na apa na ang ginagamit at marami pang scoops, minsan ay may chocolate dip pa. Bring your own baso sa skrambol pero hindi pa uso ang powdered milk at chocolate syrup.
27. Ang standard greeting ay “give me five” na nag-evolve into “appear.”
28. Biggest name in ice cream ay Magnolia kaya inaabangan mo ang susunod na Flavor of the Month. Papel lang ang mga balot ng frozen delights, hindi pa foil except iyong vanilla ice cream wafer sandwich nila. May sundae sila na tinatanggal ang top cover at inilalagay sa ilalim para maging base.
29. Kapag dadalo ka sa b-day party ng bata, imbes na regular b-day cake eh Magnolia ice cream cake ang mayroon (carousel or iyong puro bulaklak).
30. Ang Christmas package na inuuwi ng magulang mo ay may kasamang malaking keso de bola at hilaw na chinese ham (buong leg na nakabalot ng craft at plastic na net na kulay pula).
31. JD (red and black), MCL (Blue and Yellow), DM (white and blue) bus lines, Love Bus (the only aircon public bus). Pati na rin iyong bus sa Quiapo na walang pinto pero open iyong isang gilid. Dito daw natutong mag-stuntman si Lito Lapid.
32. Pumupunta ka sa music store para tumingin ng LPs, 45, at Jingle magazine o Songhits. Pwede mo lang pakinggan ang plaka kung bibilhin mo na.
33. Ang bakla lang sa showbiz ay sina Georgie Quizon (utol ni Dolphy) at Sandy Garcia (mestisohin na may bigote, kulot ang buhok, at balbunin).
34. Nagkakabuhul-buhol ang chord ng remote control ng betamax ninyo dahil buong araw kang nanonood. Break mo lang ay para kumain, mag-CR at para lumamig uli ang betamax unit. Madali pang dumumi ang head kasi hindi pa uso ang rewinder. Kung mayroon na kayo eh one way lang siya — rewinding — wala pang option na forward.
35. Pinakamabentang poster ay kina Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garret, Bruce Lee, Scott Baio, Farrah Faucet, Phoebe Cates at Bo Derek (kuha sa movie na 10). Kung sosyal ka, showbiz magazine mo ay Tiger Beat. Kung baduy ka eh Jingle Extra Hot.
36. Pinapanood mo at pinakikinggan ang Menudo with Robbie Rosa as the most sikat of all members. Nakukyutan pa lang kayo kay Ricky Martin, kasi siya ang pinakamaliit.
37. Pag nilalagnat ka, Royco chicken noodle alphabet soup ang kinakain mo — hinahaluan mo ng dinurog na Skyflakes.
38. Hearing Bert Tawa Marcelo’s laugh — bawat tawa eh P50 daw ang talent fee niya.
39. Shutting off your TV and watching that white spot on the middle of the screen slowly disappear.
40. Pagandahan ng metal lunchboxes (various cartoon or movie themes) matching Aladdin or Thermos brand na madaling mabasag ang loob.
41. Sumasakay ka sa jeepney na puro kabayo ang hood, tadtad ng mahahabang antenna, at halos natakpan na ang windshield ng 8-track na tapes.
42. Watching and listening to the We Are The World version of the Philippine National Anthem.
43. Watching movies at Cinerama sa kanto ng Recto at Quezon Blvd. (Isetan na ngayon), Delta and Circle theater sa Timog Ave. and Quezon Ave., Rizal Theater sa Makati (Shangri-La Hotel na ngayon), Magallanes Theater (giniba na) .
44. Drinking Mango Brutus nang madalian sabay sakit ang ulo dahil sa sobrang lamig — brain freeze.
45. Buying Cattleya notebooks, Funny Friends scented ballpens, and other school supplies at Alemar’s and Gibson’s bookstores.
46. Lahat ng PBA at
47. Lahat ng waiters sa Shakey’s Pizza Parlor ay may suot sa styropor na sumbrero (yellow with red strip of paper with Shakeys printed on it). May mini version pa sila para sa dulo ng antenna ng radyo o TV. Panonoorin mo pa kung paano ginagawa ang pizza sa viewing window nila.
48. Be sure to be home by 12:00 midnight. May curfew,kasi, Martial Law.
49. Sa Quiapo at Binondo pa pupunta para makabili ng talagang masarap na hopia. Tapos, shopping ka na sa Good Earth Emporium at Sta. Cruz (Uniwide na ngayon) and be amazed by their candy selection on trays in a conveyor-belt type of machine.
50. Maalikaya when it first opened. When it was first raided and closed. When it was re-opened. When it was re-raided and closed. When it was opened again. When it was raided and closed again. When they opened it again. When they raided and closed it again. When...
>>Favorite Music: stay w/ cushe, the day u said gudnyt w/ hale, kahit pa w/ hale again, specialy 4 u w/ MYMP, tell me y it herts w/ MYMP again, love moves in mysteriuos ways w/ NINA ehehehe !!!!
>>Occupation: looking a job
>>Hobbies: dancing, chatting, reading book, outting outdoors (
>>Favorite Book: The Purpose Driven in life
>>About Me: i'm maricel.. who loves serving the Lord...i love dancing.. singing... going beaches... outings.. goin out.. window shopping..
>>About her: ahm.......about meeh!!!??? ATTITUDE? kind,suplada minsan.. pro most of da tym mabait meeeh..., makulit, lagi na nka-smyl ngaun... talented pa! i can dance. i can sing....i can fly basta ba my wings, eh...he!he!he! OUTLOOK? syempre maganda,noh! alangan nmn laitin k ang sarili koh...height koh? 5'3'' ASSET KOH? my legs sbi nila.... taken na meehh....... ...should i say yes!?